Covid-19: 'Grave concern' over court backlog, and Biden keeps Covid travel bans

lily5555
@lily5555
one month ago
134 posts

Covid-19: 'Grave concern' over court backlog, and Biden keeps Covid travel bans

_116570574_court8.jpg

Here are five things you need to know about the coronavirus pandemic this Tuesday morning. We'll have another update for you this evening.

1. 'Grave concern' at Covid court backlog
"Justice delayed is justice denied" is a common expression in the legal system. And because of Covid-19, many crime victims are being denied justice - as a backlog of court cases means alleged perpetrators are not being put on trial promptly. Jury trials stopped during the first period of the pandemic. Although they have resumed - with social distancing - many crimes committed last year will not reach trial until next year. 

2. Biden keeps Covid travel bans
US President-elect Joe Biden's spokeswoman says the US will maintain travel bans on the UK, much of the EU and Brazil - despite an order from President Donald Trump to lift them. The White House decreed on Monday that the entry ban would end on 26 January - six days after Mr Biden takes office. 

3. Is the Covid self-employed support scheme unfair to women?
Campaigners are bringing a judicial review for indirect sexual discrimination on Thursday. They say the self-employed income support scheme - which averages profits between 2016 and 2019 - is unfair to around 75,000 women who've taken maternity leave. Watch more below.

4. 'My boss made me come to work and I caught Covid'
Jane works as an administrator for a private healthcare firm in Oxfordshire - a job she is expected to do from the office, even in lockdown. However, since she caught Covid at work before Christmas, she has chosen to work from home because she feels safer - something that is causing problems with her boss.

5. Inside a London intensive care unit
New cases of coronavirus have fallen by almost a quarter across the UK in the past week - but hospital admissions are still rising (see graphs below). The BBC's Clive Myrie has been to the Royal London Hospital to see a system struggling to cope.

You can follow more details here. : SLOTXO

sosLoans1004
sosLoans1004
@sosloans1004
one month ago
1,523 posts

It’s very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable in this area.먹튀검증 You have opened my eyes to varying views on this topic with interesting and solid content.

sosLoans1004
sosLoans1004
@sosloans1004
one month ago
1,523 posts

As I read your article,먹튀검증업체 I felt that you were a very expert in this field.My personal problem was solved by reading this article, and I hope you visit my blog.

Dislike 0

Tags

admin
Followers:
sam uio Adam Joones buslinks Spring Time Software dhossan brobjm252 ngoomebe522 urbancourierlogistics aquawaterfilter tableabegum charliepotts013 himalayanlocalguide davidclark hutbephot Xdrak