Labi1995

stats:

for a number of reasons

Labi1995
Labi1995
@labi1995
one month ago
523 posts

The Kinvara is a Nike Air Max Classic BW Donne special shoe for a number of reasons. As I explained in my Nike Air Max Classic BW Femme full review of the Saucony Kinvara, it has gotten rave reviews from runners all over and has been a big seller for Saucony. As a gateway/transitional minimalist shoe, it will also be remembered by many runners as their first foray into the world of less shoe. It’s success also seems to have convinced Saucony that minimalist style shoes can be big sellers, and they are moving forward with a number of new shoes clearly designed to capitalize on the success and popularity of the Kinvara (e.g., the Mirage, Cortana, Peregrine, and Hattori).If there are knocks against the Kinvara, it would be that it has a moderate heel lift (4 mm without the insole, 6.5 mm with the insole) and durability can be an issue for some given the minimal Nike Air Max 90 Womens Pink amount of outsole rubber. I have run 150+ miles Nike Air Max 95 Damen in mine and they still look fine, but I don’t yet have a sense of how many miles I will be able to get out of them. Though they fit me great, some find them to be on the narrow side (Saucony should make these in widths!), and they are on the softer side in terms of cushioning. Regardless of these potential complaints, they work fantastically well on my feet, and are my go-to shoe for mid- to long distance runs. The Kinvara is simply a great shoe, and I look forward to seeing what Saucony has in store for the Kinvara 2!If I was only able to run in three pairs of shoes, an ultra-minimal, true zero drop shoe would definitely be one of them. Barefoot style running shoes are an essential part of my training, if for no other reason than that they provide an incredible strength workout Nike Air Max 90 Womens for the legs and feet. Among shoes that came out javierrodriguez.es in 2010, the Vibram Fivefingers Bikila would be my top choiceThe Vibram Bikila was not my first pair of Fivefingers – that honor would go to the VFF KSO, which I purchased in mid 2009. However, it is the Vibram that I most enjoy running in, mainly because of the fact that it really hugs my foot like a glove (my KSO’s are a size too large I think). Additionally, unlike the KSO, which has given me heel blisters, the Bikila is an ideal sockless shoe, which really enhances the minimalist experience for me. Some have complained about the Bikila having a bit too much cushion, but I don’t mind a bit of give, and for me it’s just about right. Perhaps most importantly, the Bikilas are an absolute blast to run in. Vibram will be seeing some stiff competition in the zero-drop, Nike Air Max 270 Dames ultra-minimalist market next year with new offerings set to Nike Roshe Run Mujer arrive from companies like Altra and Merrell, but for 2010, the Bikila is my top choice in the ultra-minimal category.The third spot is a real tough one for me. My initial thought was to go with a trail shoe, but to be honest, I really haven’t done all that much trail running in 2010. After a few genuine trail runs in the New Balance MT101 I’m liking it a lot, but my experience with the NB Minimus Trail has taught me to be a bit more cautious about first impressions (my gut tells me that the NB MT101 would be #3 if I had put more miles on it at this point).Putting the trail shoe idea aside for now, my next choice would be a lightweight shoe built for fast racing and speedwork, particularly one suitable for running on a track (the Kinvara has a bit too much cushion to work well Nike Air Max 270 Donne on a rubberized track). I have yet to find the perfect Nike Air Max 90 Hombre shoe in this niche – the Mizuno Wave Universe and Saucony Grid Type A4 are both nice, but have their drawbacks as well. If pushed to make a choice, I would probably go with the Brooks Mach 12 spikeless cross country flat (I’d actually probably go with the Mach 11 over the 12, but it’s now a discontinued model).My reasons for choosing the Mach 12 are that it fits pretty well for a racing flat (XC flats are notoriously narrow), and it has worked very well for me for both 5K racing and track workouts. It rides low to the ground, has a low heel (about 4mm drop from heel to forefoot), and has a fairly firm sole (perfect for the track). I even managed to run a hilly 20 mile long run in the Mach 12 without too much trouble, so it Nike Air Max 90 Heren can handle distance in a pinch.

Dislike 0

Tags