Really best way is to find 3-5 companies you want or would like to go for. (To do this you need internet and a phone)
- Call them up.
-Get through the gate keeper. (Reception)
-speak with the boss. (NOT HR)
- then over sell yourself on the phone. ( maybe not OVER sell but for sure do NOT UNDERSELL yourself.
- Even if the company "isn't hiring" the person that can change that is the boss or CEO or Managing Director etc...
- You want to arrange an interview.
- Turn up in a Suit and Tie. Regardless how big or small the company is.
- Then tell him what you can do for him and the company. Don't talk about your past job or employer. If he asks give a simple answer even if you didn't like your old boss don't get into it AT ALL.
- Do not talk about pay, holiday pay, health care, benefits etc... On the first interview.
- Then if he says "I like you, I'll call you back to arrange a trial." You have to say how about I start on Monday. Or tomorrow. Close him there and then. Do not let him waste time.
- After the interview thank him for the opportunity and let him know how happy or pleased you are to work with him.
I hope this helps.